[wplug-plan] Pizza issues -- was Draft script for hosts

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Mar 31 14:14:21 EST 2006

On vie, 2006-03-31 at 14:02 -0500, Teodorski, Chris wrote:

> I am very strongly of the opinion that we should drop the whole veggies first.  As a veggie, I have never (NOT ONE SINGLE TIME) had any trouble getting enough pizza.

Really I don't have that strong of an opinion regarding this, but I
figure anything that makes vegetarians feel like "those travelling with
young infants or those who need a little extra time to get down the
jetway" is a plus.

So the rule was created because we had a few vegetarians complain.
Really, I think it's more because they weren't paying attention.  At the
last meeting we had a member who didn't get any pizza but that was
because they didn't come until right near the end of the lunch break.
If we could provide a more solid time frame for when pizza will be
available, that might help.

Also, we might want to reconsider how long we give for lunch if we're
doing a split presentation.  Giving an hour for lunch is far too long.
In my view if we're doing a split presentation, give people 20 minutes
to get some pizza and then move on.  Otherwise have the pizza end the
formal presentation process.

When I did my MythTV talk, I had no problem talking while people
continued to eat.  I'd think that most experienced speakers don't have a
problem with it either.  For meetings where we have lots of new people,
I think this is especially improtant.

Probably another quick thing to talk about tomorrow during our
mini-meeting.  Remind me to bring up getting Bob a mug too.  Kudos to
Vance for that recommendation.

--Patrick