[wplug-plan] Draft script for hosts

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Mar 31 09:56:56 EST 2006

On vie, 2006-03-31 at 01:33 -0500, James O'Kane wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, David Ostroske wrote:
>
> >> [Optional: ANNOUNCE AVAILABILITY OF PIZZA
> >> {Vegetarians go first.}]
> >
> > We could mention this while the pizza troll starts going around.
>
> If this was clarified in the parts I skimmed, I apologize. Something that
> always bothered me was when the pizza troll was invoked and he/she started
> their rounds to collect money while the host was still talking.  Usually
> people are searching their person for $5 and not listening to the host.
>
> It seems possible to tie pizza money collection in with sign-ins. At least
> at the beginning of the meeting when the bulk of people arrive.
>
> -james

It might be pretty easy to work it out with the new signin stuff that
was recommended at last meeting.  Basically, for signin, we'll have
members preprinted on a list.  Stop at the table, sign in, pick up name
tag, pay for pizza.  One stop WPLUG shopping.

All it takes is for the Pizza troll to just hang around the table for a
little bit.  Maybe we can give the pizza troll some distinctive
characteristic, like a  burger king crown.

--Patrick