[wplug-plan] Banner logo

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Sun Mar 5 15:41:21 EST 2006

Beth Lynn asked me about whether we had a version of the logo that
would scale up enough to be printed on a banner.

It just so happens that Patrick Wagstrom created one in SVG format:
<http://www.wplug.org/pipermail/wplug-plan/2006-January/001479.html>.
As he notes, it should scale more-or-less infinitely.  What I don't
know is whether print shops can handle SVG files or if it would need
to be converted into something else first.

And for the record, I've heard some people state the misconception
that I created the logo design.  It was created (AFAICT) by Robert
Griffin during the great logo contest of 2001, well predating my
involvement with WPLUG:
<http://www.wplug.org/pipermail/wplug/2001-February/011984.html>.

I'd be curious to see what the other designs looked like, if
anyone has them archived...