[wplug-plan] Quorum Conundrum

Michael Semcheski lists at immuneit.com
Mon Jul 24 18:57:22 EDT 2006

Hello,

First, I admit, I haven't been at a membership meeting in a while.
Saturday day is not a good time for me to go to meetings.  I like the
cause (Linux in Western Pennsylvania), I like the people, its fun.  But,
that said, I often have higher priority things on Saturday.  That's life.

Second, I am not sure what we would be voting on that is so important.
I'm not saying that nothing important is going on.  Going back through
my archives of wplug-plan, I just don't see what issues came up that
required votes.  I understand that you need a quorum to get things done.

I see two issues being addressed here.  One, wplug needs a revenue
stream (ie, dues) if it is to survive outside the cozy confines of
cost-effective Carnegie charity.  Second, we need a quorum more
frequently, so that business can get done, votes can be cast, democracy
spread and beauracracy fed.

Is that accurate?  Can we change the requirements for a quorum, or
develop an online voting system?  (I know this great company in Ohio.
They always deliver.)

Mike