[wplug-plan] something to consider for the future

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Mon Jul 17 15:40:09 EDT 2006

> Folks,
>
> I saw that Pittsburgh Technology Council is hosting Summer Slam V[1]
> which is a gathering of Pittsburgh user groups, but you'll notice that
> WPLUG isn't included - even though groups like PittJUG, Pgh.Net and
> PghOUG are.  Something tells me we should let them know we exist.  Any
> volunteers?

I used to know who the person was who coordinated these kinds of events.
I'll check through my contact information when I get home this evening.

While I'm not opposed to PTC involvement, note that they can be a bit
overbearing.  pgh.net and PittJUG are basically sponsored by the PTC,
so they (more or less) own those UG.  I'm not familiar with PghOUG.  I
believe that there is a strong cultural divide between WPLUG culture
and PTC culture.  I don't believe this is insurmountable, just
challenging.

This (to me) is exactly the kind of thing that falls under the PR
committee's charter: coordinating with other groups.  The committee
is pretty new, and they still haven't even met, but this demonstrates
(to me) that having such a committee make sense.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.