[wplug-plan] Sungard, etc.

Michael P. O Connor mpop at mikeoconnor.net
Wed Jul 12 20:22:20 EDT 2006

I was asked to put together a plan for posable stuff for the VGP on Saterday

I have found that there is a shuttle bus that leaves from the Bridge next to Flagstaff hill
behind CMU.  There is also some viewing areas near Flagstaff hill, I think that would be the
best place for WPLUG to do the group viewing.  See http://www.pvgp.org/67469122485327/
site/default.asp for a map to see what I am looking at.

Also I talked to Corcky (the ham that is organizing the hams to do the communications for
the race) and he suggested the following (and I strongly suggest we listen to his advice on
this one)  that the best place to watch the race is from the Shanly Golf course, at the fence to
the right of the Mantinace Shed, from there you will be able to see most of the track, and get
a good view of where the track comes out of the forest part of the park (it is also a good look
at turn 13)  Up there there are also things to look at (cars being shown off) and FOOD.
Finally Corcky has asked that if there are any hams on this list and you would be willing to
help on eather Saterday and/or Sunday if you could.  I told him I would give out my cell
number (412-498-0667) you can give me a call, and I will forward his number on to any ham
that would like to help, we are in need of more hams to help out with the communications
for the VGP.

The first race is at 9am, so I would suggest that you get there around 8:30am.  But the races
go to about 6pm
--
Michael P. O'Connor
mpop at mikeoconnor.net