[wplug-plan] Sungard, etc.

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 09:44:41 EDT 2006

On 7/12/06, Beth Lynn <bethlynn at wplug.org> wrote:
[...]
> This morning the Sungard folks have told me that they will have to
> postpone.
>
> Unless we find something else to do and somewhere else to go I think we
> might have to cancel.

Yikes. Whatever we do, we'll need to ask fast and get an announcement
out ASAP, or else plenty of folks will be stranded in the parking lot
outside Sungard!

> Here is my crazy idea - Who wants to go to the zoo this Saturday? Family
> and friends despite their geek status are invited too.

I'm actually up for this. Do you know if the penguin that WPLUG
adopted a few years back is still there?

If anyone's willing to provide a different techie outing at short
notice, we could skip the zoo. Anyone work at or know about a
Linux-friendly or OSS-friendly outfit that's willing to show
themselves off?

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>