[wplug-plan] Volunteers needed on Wednesday, Feb 1

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Tue Jan 31 13:22:38 EST 2006

WPLUG members have worked to procure a table for WPLUG at Pitt School
of Information Science Lobby, on Feb 1 from 11:00AM to 1:00PM.

The sister effort done at CMU on Friday, Jan 27 was a terrific success,
IMHO.  For that table we had three people manning it, and all three of
us were busy talking to people most of the time.

As a result, I'd like to have at least 3 people at Pitt.  I will be there
the entire time (From 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM) but you don't have to stay
for the entire 2 hours.  If you're in a situation where you can take a
long lunch, we could use the help.

If you can arrange your schedule to help with this, please contact me
ASAP so I know we have enough people.

The job entails sitting at the table, being friendly, answering as many
questions as you are able to, and encouraging people to join the mailing
list and attend meetings.  Extensive knowledge of Linux is not required,
as a lot of the questions at CMU were of the "What does WPLUG do?"
variety.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies