[wplug-plan] Tentative schedule for the Feb 4 event

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 20:49:53 EST 2006

On 1/30/06, Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:

> Here is a tentative schedule for Feb 4.  Take this also as a reminder in case
> you forgot that you were supposed to be doing something ;)
>
> 10:00 AM: Doors open
> 11:00 AM: Vance: Basics - OS/Interfaces/languages/apps
> 11:30 AM: Beth: Business Apps - Evolution, OpenOffice
> 12:00 Noon: Lunch
> 1:00 PM: Mike: Entertainment - multimedia, games
> 1:30 PM: Dave: Home applications: Browsers, The GIMP, Inet radio, etc

1:30 PM works for me. I'll probably focus on GNOME apps, since I'm
most familiar with those. I'll talk a little about Nautilus, and show
how to start from a basic (probably Ubuntu) install and customize the
system without too much effort. That's my goal, anyway.

> Beth, How close to 2:00 PM can we run?  This schedule has Dave finishing up,
> then us kicking everyone out.

[...]
> I need volunteers to take care of the following:
> 1) Host
> 2) Cohost
> 3) Pizza Troll

Dibs on pizza troll.

> 4) Security (In case we have an influx of unknown people, I want someone to
>     just keep an eye on things like the kitty - you don't have to arrest
>     anyone)

I'll take care of this, too. Patrick won't be around, but he gave me
refreshment funds for the meeting.

I seriously dropped the ball on getting the announcement out. I'll
post something... anything... tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon if I don't
hear anything else.

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>
(trying not to fail is hard, trying to succeed should be simpler)