[wplug-plan] ... on the new penguin (WPLUG server that is)

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Wed Jan 25 00:59:20 EST 2006

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Bill Moran wrote:

> 3) Anyone who knows of any software on penguin not installed as RPMs,
>   please speak up.

I think I installed mailman as not an rpm. I didn't like the way that was
laid out.

> 4) Can I get a list of data that needs transferred.

  /home ? directories with 'recovered' in the path should be data I
recovered from the last disk crash. In theory that's not needed anymore,
but I'm not in a position to think clearly about this.

Are we replacing the existing penguin machine or is this part of the weird
psudo-transition that I never really understood in the first place? I've
mentioned this in the past to Beth, but I'll mention it publically. When
the existing penguin is no longer in use, I would like it back. This isn't
a demand for it back now, just I'd like the first option of having it.

-james