[wplug-plan] Demo Day web page

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Tue Jan 24 13:01:24 EST 2006

Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:
> Can someone volunteer to put together a demoday web page, today.

Here's a stab at it.  Note that I haven't tested this.

==========

<master>
<property name="title">@title@</property>
<property name="context_bar">@context_bar@</property>

<h3>An introduction to Linux</h3>
series of events just for new Linux users.  The goal is to get you up
and running in just a few weeks, even if you have no experience
whatsoever.</p>
<h3>Events</h3>
<dl>
<dt>January 27 (Fri.): CD giveaway, CMU University Center Commons
    <dd>From 10:00 AM to noon, we will hand out free CDs containing
        Linux and answer basic questions.
<dt>February 1 (Wed.): CD giveaway, Pitt School of Information Science lobby
    <dd>From 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM, we will hand out free CDs containing
        Linux and answer basic questions.
<dt>February 4 (Sat.): Linux Demo Day, 3002 Newell-Simon Hall, CMU
    <dd>We'll show off what Linux is, and what it can do for you.  This
        basic overview will show how a Linux system looks and some of
        the applications it can run.  Doors open at 10:00 AM, and the
        presentation starts at 11:00 AM.
<dt>February 11 (Sat.): Linux Basics Tutorial, 3002 Newell-Simon Hall, CMU
    <dd>This is a more in-depth guide to using and administering your
        Linux system.  Doors open at 10:00 AM, and the presentation
        starts at 11:00 AM.
<dt>March 5 (Sat.): Installfest, 3002 Newell-Simon Hall, CMU
    <dd>Bring in your computer, and we'll help you get Linux installed
        and running on it!  This all-day event runs from 10:00 AM to
        5:00 PM, although you should arrive before 3:00 to ensure you
        will be able to complete installation.  Make sure you bring all
        the components (keyboard, mouse, monitor, power cords, etc.)
        for your computer - we'll have carts available to bring it all
        inside.</dl>

<h3>Directions</h3>
href="http://www.cmu.edu/home/visitors/map/index.html">the campus
map</a>.  You'll need to use the third floor entrance, which is directly
across from Smith Hall.  There is limited parking in the immediate area
(be sure <strong>not</strong> to park in any area marked "Permit Parking
Only"), but plenty of space to park in the Morewood lot, marked P8 on
the map.

<h3>Questions?</h3>

<h3>CD help</h3>
here are some useful links:</p>