[wplug-plan] meeting on January 13th, 2007

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Dec 29 11:55:09 EST 2006

Folks,

The first meeting of 2007 will be on January 13th, 2007.  It will be a
GUM, and we've got a slight bit of business to conduct.  Here's a rough
outline of what's going on that day:

9:30am - Setup crew shows up
9:55am - All WPLUG members show up
10:00am - Business meeting starts
11:00am - Business meeting ends/presentation starts
12:00nn - Pizza
1pm - End of presentation and start clean up

You'll notice we're missing a few things here, and because I'm going to
be out of town, most likely without email access, from tomorrow morning
until the 6th, we need some people to step up.

1. We need someone to volunteer to head this meeting up.  Not only will
I not be able to plan it, due to family being in town, I will only be
able to be around for the business meeting.  Whoever volunteers for
this, should call me on my cell phone, Bill, Dave, and Beth Lynn all
have my number for certain, so contact one of them for it.  I can walk
you through the process.

2. For Ted Rodgers, can you book 3002 NSH for that morning?

3. For Bill Moran - announcement of this meeting and ballots MUST go out
soon.  Seriously, we need to vote on the changes to the voting structure
from September.

4. For anyone: PLEASE VOLUNTEER TO SPEAK.  This would be a good meeting
to do a tutorial type thing.  February is an installfest.  March will
most likely be an introduction to Python or Ruby.  Even if it's just a
"Linux beginners" tutorial, that would be great.

Seriously folks, we've got some work to do, and I cannot make sure it's
going to happen.  My email for the last week has been sporadic, and I
don't think that's going to change anytime soon.

Let me know if you have questions.

--Patrick