[wplug-plan] Public View of WPLUG - Action Needed?

Greg Simkins greg at simkins.net
Fri Dec 29 04:17:21 EST 2006

Dear WPLUG Planning List:

I am forwarding for your information an interchange I had with another CCAC Linux instructor, Ian Robertson.  I asked Ian if he had attended a WPLUG meeting.  He responded that he had, yet had a very negative impression.  I have included below my response to try to change his mind.  (btw, I have only one student signed up at this point for my class).  Does anybody recall meeting Ian?  I probably have myself, but don't do a good job of remembering things.

In a related matter....I just forwarded a letter to you that I sent to the Business Calendar.  As I noted in that email, I have written at least twice this past year and received no response.  I wonder if PAIR networks likewise has a negative view of WPLUG.  So, I have two questions:  (1) Do you feel that there are, in fact, negative vibes in the community toward WPLUG; and (2) if so, what steps can we take to address this barrier to meeting the goals of the PR committee?

In another related matter....I understand that the lack of a programming committee is a known problem at this point, but I don't feel that I can post the GUM and Installfest on the Business Calendar until we have a program posted.  The Jan 13 GUM is within the 2 week window of the Business Calendar email. I will add the GUM to the Business Calendar when we have a venue and schedule.  It would be nice to have a program topic as well.

Greg