[wplug-plan] MarketPro Computer Show WAS: "5th Annual Super Expo" at Century III mall

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Tue Apr 4 13:44:27 EDT 2006

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, Vance Kochenderfer wrote:

> I'm a bit wary as to whether this is a good venue.  The audience
> will be less technically inclined than we had for the booths at
> Pitt and CMU or would have at a Marketpro* show.  We could carpet
> bomb the place with Knoppix CDs, but what percentage of them would
> ever be used?

Oddly enough I don't recall seeing a MarketPro computer show on the
schedule for quite some time. Today I called the MarketPro corporate
office to inquire why. Apparently, Monroeville Expo Mart is no longer
an option so they are looking for another venue in the Greater
Pittsburgh Area.

Hopefully they'll resurface at some point.

Thanks,
Beth Lynn