[wplug-plan] "5th Annual Super Expo" at Century III mall

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Mon Apr 3 17:02:59 EDT 2006

You can find summaries of the 2004 and 2005 events here
<http://www.hscc-mvpc.org/publications/MVPC_1.pdf> and here
<http://www.hscc-mvpc.org/publications/July%202005%20Communicator.pdf>.

I assume that the computer portion of the event will have
something to do with the Community Computer Lab
<http://www.hscc-mvpc.org/about_hscc.htm>.

I'm a bit wary as to whether this is a good venue.  The audience
will be less technically inclined than we had for the booths at
Pitt and CMU or would have at a Marketpro* show.  We could carpet
bomb the place with Knoppix CDs, but what percentage of them would
ever be used?

I think it's great to try to broaden our appeal, but it would
require quite a bit of effort to design a display, booth, and
materials (though Bill's brochure is a good start) that's suitable
for mass consumption.

So I guess I'm not convinced that we _must_attend_this_event_.
That said, I am willing to chip in my time and $30 toward the
effort if it is decided to proceed.

*Are these still running?  The schedule on their web site doesn't
 show anything for Monroeville.