[wplug-plan] "5th Annual Super Expo" at Century III mall - community opportuntiy

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Mon Apr 3 14:38:49 EDT 2006

Hello,

There is an event entitled the "5th Annual Super Expo" it will be held at
Century III mall on Saturday April 22, 2006. The event is promoted by the
Mon Valley Providers Council.

According to the flyer...
"
_You_do_not_want_to_miss_this_event!_
You will be able to receive _FREE_ health screenings, find career and
education opportunities, discover new housing options, learn about local
youth activities, become familiar with computers, and talk to numerous
service providers located throughout Southwestern PA. All of this is
_FREE_ and in one location!
"

Oddly enough I don't see any other computer-oriented groups on said flier.

What happened next might explain things...

I called for more information. The cost of a booth will be at least
$150.00 depending on our "annual budget." I explained that we were a
very small unincorporated not-for-profit that might not even be able to
afford $150.00 and that our booth would be a free educational service.
Just the same, we'd have to come up with at least a $150.00 donation to
Mon Valley Providers Council.

IMHO $150 for the cost of the booth is a bit too pricey for the treasury
considering that there will be no opportunity to recoup the cost of
taking part in this event at the event itself.

Unless someone wants to help us out by making the "$150.00 tax-deductible
contribution" to Mon Valley Providers Council on behalf of this effort,
this opportunity may just pass us by. We have until Wednesday April 5 to
make up our minds.

Thanks,
Beth Lynn Eicher