[wplug-plan] looking for suggestions for Oct 22

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Thu Oct 13 20:14:35 EDT 2005

Beth Lynn wrote:
> Mike O'Connor said that he might be able to talk about Open Source
> choices for small non-profits with two local churches as examples
>
> Bill Moran said he might be able to put together something on soap.
>
> And now Vance says that he might be able to demo Mandriva.

> Since we have the room until 3pm, it is possible for us to have more
> than one program, however we need to make sure that we have at least
> one program.

Well, a Mandriva demo by itself wouldn't fill enough time, and IMO
it would work best when combined with other demos (Ubuntu, SUSE,
etc.) rather than a presentation on another topic.  This pretty much
depends on getting volunteers to demo the other stuff.  It also
depends on me getting Mandriva discs (which *shouldn't* be too
difficult - Linux Central has them for sale already!).

So the short answer is: yes, I can do it.

The long answer is: I think that Bill's or Mike's idea would likely
work out better (or even both presented back-to-back).