[wplug-plan] Dec. 3 GUM

Genc E. Doko genc at laroche-aitp.org
Tue Nov 29 20:39:56 EST 2005

Vance Kochenderfer wrote:

> Has there been any luck in getting someone to demo Ubuntu, SUSE,
> or some other recent release at Saturday's GUM?  I think it's
> going to be difficult for me to fill an entire hour on Mandriva.
>
> Maybe I can ask on the main wplug list for suggestions of what
> people want to see.
>
> Vance Kochenderfer        |  "Get me out of these ropes and into a
> vkochend at nyx.net          |   good belt of Scotch"    -Nick Danger

Why not have a presentation/demonstration for about 20-30 minutes,
followed by a Q&A session? As far as I remember that's how the
presentation "Ubuntu - Linux for Human Beings" went on Ohio LinuxFest
2005, and it seemed to work quite well.

Probably you could cover the main characteristics of Mandriva (what
makes Mandriva different from other distros out there) during the
demonstration/presentation, and afterwards people could ask questions.

--Genc