[wplug-plan] Membership renewal (was: [wplug] [wplug-announce] 1st annual membership)

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Tue Nov 15 15:45:12 EST 2005

"James O'Kane" <jo2y at midnightlinux.com> wrote:
> I doubt there has been thought about the bookkeeping aspect of this, so as
> a feature request, could it be possible to pay N years in advance so the
> renewal is due at T+(N*52) weeks?

An excellent point to bring up to the board, or at a membership
meeting.

One argument against it would be that if the dues change, those
who pre-paid would have done so at the old rate, while everyone
else is paying the new rate.  And it does make keeping the member
list (slightly) more complicated.

But I don't remember the topic being discussed before.