[wplug-plan] "wardriving" debate question

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Thu Mar 31 16:38:05 EST 2005

Hello,

Just to be perfectly clear, the point of this thread is not to debate the
legality/morality of "wardriving" All this thread should achieve is to
discuss what the official debate question should be.

The point is so that the affirmative and the opposition can have a clear
understanding of what is the topic in which to debate. That is all that we
are doing right now.

The question that I used as an example before...
"Is it legal to find and use unsecured wireless access points for
otherwise legal Internet activity?"
... is not as clear as we all would like it to be. Perhaps it is not
exactly expressing the full spirit of the disagreement.

Maybe someone who has studied the thread in it's entirety can find out
exactly what is being argued and put it into language.

Bottom line is we need a formal debate question in order for this to
happen.

Thanks,
Beth Lynn