[wplug-plan] future wplug meetings and space reservations

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Fri Mar 18 15:06:58 EST 2005

Hello,

That's a good question Mike.

Our network connection in theory works in any Wean or Newell Simon room
with an active outlet. Rooms in other buildings would definitely be
outside my domain.

If we are willing to be without Internet access, off-campus meeting
rooms become a possibility. Leaving CMU campus would indeed be sad but I am
optimistic that we are not at this point yet. With that said, it would
be healthy for us to discuss the alternatives.

However it begs the question: what are the bare bones venue requirements?

This is what I can think of...
* Free, or at least at low cost
* Free, or at least low cost parking
* Access to public transportation
* Open on Saturdays
* Has flat tables and electricity
* Has seats for 40+ people and a little extra elbow room

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Beth Lynn