[wplug-plan] August picnic?

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Fri Mar 18 12:31:41 EST 2005

"Michael P. O Connor" <mpop at mikeoconnor.net> wrote:

> speaking of the Renaissance festival, do we want to see if we could put
> together a wplug group to go down one day.  I don't know if they have
> group rates, but I think that it could be fun for some of the wplugers
> to have some medieval fun.

We were supposed to do this kind of thing last year with Kennywood's
halloween thing - at that time, I exhibited my horrible organizing skills
and nothing happened.

The RF was a disappointment to me when I went a year or so ago.  It's a lot
like a street fair in the way they have a crapload of trinkets they're trying
to sell.  There were a few neat things, like the fencing place where you
could actually join a tournament ... the best (IMHO) was the jousting:
they actually have a big skit with a plot and everything, involving real
horses and real, simulated jousting.  Unfortunately, even this had an
ulterior motive: the story is played out over the course of the three shows
(one in the AM, one at noon, and the finale in the afternoon) so you have
to stay all day if you want to see the whole story.  Bring a laptop ...

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies