[wplug-plan] future wplug meetings and space reservations

Jonathan S Billings billings at negate.org
Fri Mar 18 11:43:30 EST 2005

Beth Lynn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Some extra red tape has been added to reserve the rooms Newell Simon
> Hall 1507 and 1505. I do not understand all of the political details so
> I'm not going to comment as why all of the sudden this is the case. All
> I know for a fact is that it is not on a first come, first serve basis
> anymore.
>
> Unfortunately some of the reservations that I thought were booked were
> canceled. I have done my best to rectify the situation by utilizing the
> "proper channels" to re-reserve the rooms. Please notice that we vary
> somewhat from the 1st and 2nd Saturday. This is due to other conflicting
> events.

I think we should seriously consider looking for someplace else to hold
meetings.  CMU has worked very well for us in the past, but with the
additional red tape that's springing up, and the fact that we're
starting to get somewhat cramped, I think we need to find someplace new.

Unfortunately, I have no suggestions.  I'm only able to reserve CMU
rooms and the NSH rooms are the best I can think of.  There are a couple
other rooms that might make good GUM rooms, with no room for having
users bring a computer.  NSH 3305 comes to mind.  70 people capacity.

--
Jonathan S. Billings <billings at negate.org>