[wplug-plan] topics needed for July and August GUM

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Fri Jun 10 12:41:33 EDT 2005

Duncan Hutty <dhutty+wplug at ece.cmu.edu> wrote:
> If you're going to do what _could_ be a flamebaiting activity,

That wasn't my intention, but could have entertainment value...

> at least make everyone start with a couple sentences of context
> stating what the system's purpose is.

Keeping it short (~10 minutes) should help prevent people from
going off into diatribes (or will at least limit their diatribes
to 10 minutes).  My thinking was that the typical presentation
would be: "Here's distribution X, these are some of the reasons
it's different from other distributions, and here are some neat
things it can do."  There's not much time to do more than this.

Also, if questions are disallowed, or only allowed after
*everyone* is finished presenting, that kind of cuts down on the
potential for flaming.