[wplug-plan] Bylaws Committee meeting on January 8th

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 01:39:55 EST 2005

MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT

The members of the WPLUG Bylaws Committee will conduct a meeting on
January 8th, 2005, tentatively at 1:00 PM (around pizza time) at the
WPLUG InstallFest, in the Conference Room (Newell-Simon Hall, Room
1505) to continue work on the bylaws revision.

Input from those not on the committee is welcome - use the mailing
list which has been established to follow the activities of the
committee and provide any comments. Subscription to the list is open.

At our last meeting on Thursday, January 6th, we prioritized the
bylaws issues that need to be addressed. This is the order that we
came up with, and whether we will adopt this list, in this order, as
the committee's future agenda will be discussed at the beginning of
the next meeting.

01 Parliamentary Authority
02 Define Membership
03 Define Election Process
04 Organization and Duties of the Board
05 Size of the Board (Quorum)
06 Define Officers
07 Terms of Directors (Term Limits?)
08 Business Meetings of the Membership
09 Annual Meeting of the Membership
10 Unanimous Consent Decision Process
11 Physical Attendance at Board Meetings
12 Voting and Attendance Records
13 Powers Reserved to Members
14 Non-Board Positions Defined
15 Board Decision Making Process