[wplug-plan] Anti-spam ... Fw: wplug-bsd post from wavtxyptzewrcc at acceleratedsearch.com requires approval

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Tue Feb 22 23:35:57 EST 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Bill Moran wrote:

> Is anyone legit out there using EasyDNS to send mail?  Can we have
> penguin reject mail from easydns servers?

easydns is providing the backup mx service. I suspect that penguin rejects
the message, and the spammer uses the next mx in the list. If you have a
suggestion on improving the setup, admin at wplug would be the place to send
it.

[jo2y at outpost ~]$ dig mx wplug.org
[...]
;; ANSWER SECTION:
wplug.org.              86400   IN      MX      10 mail.wplug.org.
wplug.org.              86400   IN      MX      20 smtp.easydns.com.
wplug.org.              86400   IN      MX      30 smtp2.easydns.com.
[...]

-james