[wplug-plan] PR idea WAS Re: Pitt/CMU Spring Semester

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Thu Dec 29 23:03:53 EST 2005

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005, Bill Moran wrote:

> I may be willing/able to help out or man a table or whatever.
>
> Since I'm not familiar with what happens at CMU/Pitt this time of year,
> can you fill me in on the details: when, where, how long, etc.

when:
Again, I don't think we will have enough time to put together something
for Pitt's move-in season since their first day back is January 4. CMU's
first day back is January 16. I think we'd be better off doing something
during the first week or two of school rather than spring move-in.

where:
As far as CMU goes, we'd get the best visibility at the University Center
where I believe I can secure a table for free.

If we were to do something at Pitt, we'd get the best visibility at William
Pitt Union but I suspect that the would charge us money for a table since
we are not an official sponsored student group. We may want to consider
doing something at the School of Information Science since they have a
nice lobby. Does anyone have any connections with SIS?

how long:
anything more than a few hours would be exhausting

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks,
Beth Lynn