[wplug-plan] meeting space crunch crisis

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Thu Aug 11 12:34:34 EDT 2005

Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:
> I'm curous to hear suggestions for other "classes" of venue (i.e., we've
> considered churches, resturants, and libraries - I guess I should lump
> schools in there)  Any other suggestions?

There are fire halls, union halls, VFWs and Legion halls.  The downside
is these usually cost money, unless you have an "in" (I don't).

I know the Castle Shannon fire hall <http://www.csvfd.org/> gets
frequently used for flea markets and that kind of thing.  It's the size
we need (actually somewhat bigger) and has tons of parking and is
literally right on the T line.  I can check into it if need be.

But overall, I think it would be ideal if we can stay in the CMU/Pitt
area.  It's probably much easier for suburban folks to come to
Oakland than for city people to come out to the suburbs.