[wplug-plan] meeting space crunch crisis

Michael H. Semcheski lists at immuneit.com
Wed Aug 10 19:15:46 EDT 2005

Beth Lynn wrote:
> This is the bare minimum of what we require. Seating for at least 60.
> Flat tables (for installfests). Ample public parking. Wheelchair
> accessible. In or close to Pittsburgh, PA Reachable by PAT on a
> Saturday. Smoke-free indoor venue with electricity. Free of noise
> interruptions. Cost effective.

Does anyone know anyone at the Jewish Community Center in Squirrel
Hill?  Every time I've been there, I've been very impressed by how nice
it is.

I do not know what the costs are, but then I do not know what the cash
flow is like for wplug, so I'd be speculating on either of them.

I think the houses of worship are a great idea.  There are a number of
churches in the area that fit the bill.

I'm leaving the Burgh for the weekend, but hopefully when I get back
I'll ask around to see what the church situation is like (my guess, they
are well booked or out of our range, but its worth a shot.)

How about that ex-brewery on the South Side?  I can not remember what
its called.

I've got a few more ideas, but I've got to go make dinner.

Mike