[wplug-plan] meeting space crunch crisis

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Wed Aug 10 14:30:00 EDT 2005

Hello,

We do have the following reservations for Newell Simon Hall for the
following dates...

August 13, 2005 GUM - Cheap Security Audits with Linux LiveCDs
September 10, 2005 GUM - Linux on an Xbox
September 17, 2005 Installfest

We are penciled in for October 15 and 22 however it is impossible to
confirm anything beyond September at this time. Starting this fall, many
conference rooms within Carnegie Mellon are being re-purposed. This means
that we may have to move away from Newell Simon Hall 1507 as soon as
October. We are hoping to stay on Carnegie Mellon campus if at all
possible but it is not 100% guaranteed.

Please consider our status month to month. Read your email carefully and
check the website frequently. Please encourage others to do the same. If
we do not pay attention now, we will be surprised by change later.

In the meantime please keep your eyes open for a new venue for us.
Please post to this list with any suggestions.

This is the bare minimum of what we require.
Seating for at least 60.
Flat tables (for installfests).
Ample public parking.
Wheelchair accessible.
In or close to Pittsburgh, PA
Reachable by PAT on a Saturday.
Smoke-free indoor venue with electricity.
Free of noise interruptions.
Cost effective.

I can usually borrow a laptop projector and screen if needed.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Beth Lynn