[wplug-plan] job postings - do they have a place on wplug lists

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Fri Apr 29 16:50:29 EDT 2005

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Jonathan S Billings wrote:

> I think that the best situation would be a moderated list -- no post can
> be sent without approval.  It would require some effort by moderator/s.
>   Then publish it on our web page, and give it to people who wish to
> post jobs.

Couldn't moderation be construed as endorsement?

I wish I could remember the parallel I'm thinking of. I think it had to do
with copyright issues and public forums. If you're going to moderate any
of the forum posts, you're responsible for all the content whether you
moderated it or not. I realize that's kinda sketchy, but it was a number
of years since I read it. I think the context I saw it in was in terms of
an ISP that offers webhosting with their accounts.

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Michael P. O Connor wrote:
> *slander - v telling a lie to purposely hurt someone's reputation
> Liable - v telling the true with the intent to hurt someone's reputation

slander is verbal, libel is in print.

liable is a legal obligation.

-james