[wplug-plan] job postings - do they have a place on wplug lists

Michael P. O Connor mpop at mikeoconnor.net
Fri Apr 29 16:13:58 EDT 2005

> > Must the jobs be in reasonable driving range for the local community ?
>
> Yes.  We don't want to encourage the exodus of the Linux-savvy folks
we currently
> have.

I would say 100% correct, but maybe we could try to get this list more
spread to people looking for jobs that are outside the city, only post
Pittsburgh jobs, but lets see if we can use it to maybe attacked more
people to the city.  Pittsburgh needs more people, and maybe this could
be our part to help the city and region.

> It'd be cool having the mailing list archives be like a community
rating system.
> If someone got a short-term gig, they could post "great people to work
with",
> or if they got stiffed, can post a "I did $1000 worth of work for XYZ
Corp, and
> they never paid, even after sending 3 invoices"

I can see letting good ratings in, but could we not be hurt if we let
(and have it publicly accessible) bad ratings, notice Beth did not say
who $person was that got ripped off and what $company was and $person2
that was the person doing the rip off was, we don't want to open the
group up to being liable*

*slander - v telling a lie to purposely hurt someone's reputation
Liable - v telling the true with the intent to hurt someone's reputation