[wplug-plan] job postings - do they have a place on wplug lists

Michael Semcheski lists at immuneit.com
Fri Apr 29 15:58:30 EDT 2005

>>Do we want job postings on the general wplug list?
>>Do we want to have a separate job list?
>>Should we allow posts for short-term contracts?
>>Should we allow posts from general head hunters?
>>Must the jobs be Unix/Linux oriented?
>>Must the jobs be in reasonable driving range for the local community ?
>>(ie Morgantown - OK. New York City - NO)

I would say yes to all of these questions.

As someone who has looked for jobs and looked for contract help, having
a resource like this can be useful.  Even if you're not looking for a
job, its neat to see who's hiring, what people are looking for, etc.

> I think that the best situation would be a moderated list -- no post can
> be sent without approval.  It would require some effort by moderator/s.
>    Then publish it on our web page, and give it to people who wish to
> post jobs.

I think if people who are not subscribed want to post, they should need
moderator-approval.  Otherwise, it seems like people on the list should
not need to be protected from themselves.  Isn't this the way most of
the lists work right now?  No complaints from me (though I have been
invloved for a relatively short time).

Mike