[wplug-plan] job postings - do they have a place on wplug lists

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Fri Apr 29 15:32:51 EDT 2005

Hello,

I've been indecisive about this issue for quite some time now.

Job postings - Do they have a place on wplug lists?

Sadly to say, we've had some incidents where wplug-ers did some work for
an employer that they met through wplug but the employer never cut them a
paycheck. It hardly seems fair to punish the entire community for a few
bad incidents. However, I do not want to put WPLUG in the middle of
something nasty.

The point of this post is to solicit opinion.

Do we want job postings on the general wplug list?
Do we want to have a separate job list?
Should we allow posts for short-term contracts?
Should we allow posts from general head hunters?
Must the jobs be Unix/Linux oriented?
Must the jobs be in reasonable driving range for the local community ?
(ie Morgantown - OK. New York City - NO)

Thanks,
Beth Lynn Eicher