[wplug-plan] Re: WPLUG Flyers and Prospective members

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Fri Apr 8 19:28:31 EDT 2005

Hello,

In theory meet+greet is what the host and the cohost should be doing.

It is possible that...
A. Someone showed up for a wplug event awhile ago (>14months) before we
started doing this hosting stuff
B. Someone sneaked in during the talk and sneaked out
C. Someone appeared to be with someone who appeared to be "showing them
the ropes"
D. The host and cohost were too busy to greet everyone since there were
a lot of new people
E. The person looked vaguely familiar and was assumed to be a regular

Sadly, followup is pretty much non-existent. Any ideas? Any volunteers?

To be honest, sometimes I could be too busy to notice. Over the course of
the meeting it is not uncommon for 12+ people to attempt to talk to me
about something on an individual basis. I'm able to get an incredible
amount of wplug business done this way. Moreover, I do enjoy being
sociable. Truthfully I'd rather be approachable than say "Sorry I can't
talk now, I have to make sure everyone has been greeted"

These are the things that I think could we could all do to help
1. Wear name tags
2. Mingle and be friendly
3. Offer to help out. (setup, cleanup, host, cohost, fetch pizza, etc.)

Thanks,
Beth Lynn