[wplug-plan] How are the signs coming?

Brian Sammon wplug-plan-list at brisammon.fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 13 02:11:45 EDT 2004

> I was just going to ask...do we have signs ready?  Do we need cheap black and
> white signs printed out for different things?  (Donations ->, Restrooms -> , Piz
> ->, etc..)  Is there anything else that we can do?  Anyone?

The last time there was any significant effort put into signs was over a year
ago, I think.
I would print out black-and-white signs on 8.5x11 paper.  They would generally
have just a picture of a penguin and an arrow on it.
I would print them out an hour before the meeting out of my store of images at
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~brians/wplug-info/misc/

If anyone wants to improve on the signage design, post your ideas here.
I think the main goal I had in designing the sign was that people should be
able to tell from 15 feet away what it was about and which way to go.

Also, if someone wants to hang up signs on Saturday morning, it's worth noting
that if you bring your own tape (it probably should be duct tape or something
else really strong) you can start hanging up signs outside without waiting for
Bethlynn or someone to let you in the room.