[wplug-plan] Introduction to Linux preparation

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 18:49:59 EDT 2004

Here are the paper notes from the organizational meeting on October
9th, pertaining to Beth Lynn's talk on Saturday, October 16th, 2004,
"Introduction to Linux."

* Beth will reserve 1305 Newell-Simon Hall for 50 people for the
event. The talk will take 3 hours and will have a break in the middle
for lunch.
* Rob Ball <steakum at 1st.net> can promote the event. He'll design
fliers (and PDF's) and will help to distribute them.
* We will announce the event on the ErieLUG list.
* Brian Sammon <oct16 at brisammon.fastmail.fm> will coordinate the
borrowing and management of power strips for the event. Contact him if
you have power strips that you can bring to the event.
* We will have an email address for attendees who wish to RSVP. This
is not mandatory, but will be appreciated. The address, hopefully,
will be <rsvp at wplug.org>. Brian will offer a backup address
<rsvp at brisammon.fastmail.fm> if this falls through.
* Rick Farina <r.farina at adelphia.net> will burn 100 Knoppix Live CD's.
People who RSVP for the event will will be guaranteed CDs.
* David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com> and Rick will meet with Beth
Lynn to review the slide show for the presentation on Monday, Oct. 11.
The location and time will be provided by Beth Lynn before then.
* Rob, Brian, and Bill Moran will serve as hosts for the event.
* Rob will bring three dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts to the event, for
which he will be reimbursed.
* People who RSVP will be guaranteed seating. This is especially
important for users who bring computers and for pregnant women (or
men).

Also, we are planning to hold a tutorial on Kernel Building. Rick
Farina is offering to give the tutorial. Brian will add some detail
regarding the PowerPC platform.

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>