[wplug-plan] IRC problem for #wplug

Jonathan S. Billings billings at negate.org
Sat Nov 20 15:00:19 EST 2004

On Nov 20, 2004, at 2:54 PM, Richard Farina wrote:

> For the good of the channel, you have my whole-hearted permission to
> ban individuals that are of to extreme detriment to the atmosphere of
> the channel, however, this is not my solution.  I would simply prefer
> is a user was kicked (maybe 30 minute ban) for misbehavior, depsite
> the fact that some users can be a detriment to the channel, we should
> encourage better behave and not just cut off people.
>
> But as I said, I would not fault you for a perma-ban in this
> situation....
>
> -Rick Farina

Unfortunately, there are varying degrees of misbehavior that one can
judge, and it would be up to the IRC operator to make that decisions,
which would be purely subjective and not necessarily representative of
the Group At Large.   One would have to continue to judge, and kick/ban
as necessary, which is too much like babysitting, and there won't
always be an operator around paying attention.