[wplug-plan] wplug picnic in august?

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Fri May 14 09:59:45 EDT 2004

Hi,

A few people have let me know that they have a preference for an august
wplug picnic.

Is there anyone who wants to go to the wplug picnic but has a problem with
August? I don't want to exclude anyone who was really looking forward to
it if possible so please speak up!

Are there any weekends in August that are more desirable? less desirable?
I'm guessing that the 28 & 29 would be a popular move the kids back to
school weekend. Does anyone see a problem with 7, 8, 14 or 15?

What properties in a venue are we looking for?

I suggest Snyder Park in Whitehall (South Hills) on August 14th
The advantages of this venue:
* it is walking distance from my house
* there's a public pool also in walking distance, $5 a person
* it's FREE! I have us penciled in.
* covered grove with picnic tables
* ample free parking
* full baseball field
* large playground
* basketball hoop
* easier to find than getting lost in a huge park. This place is 2 turns
from Route 51 (just north of Century III mall area, closer to Brentwood
Towncenter and Baldwin High school)

We are not choosing Scheneley this year. It was very expensive ~ $70
rental and the attendance was poor.

If anyone has a better idea, SPEAK UP NOW!

Thanks,
Beth Lynn