[wplug-plan] More Wehrli Fun

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Fri May 7 21:44:12 EDT 2004

Dear Mr. Wehrli,

Respectfully speaking sir, it may not be possible to obtain the apology
that you are seeking. Please keep in mind that it has been just over two
years ago now that the posts in which you find offense were sent. Since
then, Zach has resigned from the board and moved out of the area. Larry
was not then nor is he now a board member of wplug. Both gentlemen do not
currently volunteer for wplug in the arena of planning meetings which is
the purpose of the list "wplug-plug at wplug.org"

Your rebuttal has been recorded in our archives as well as this response.
If you choose to respond to me off list, please know that at my
discretion, your response may be forwarded back to this very list.

For the record, your rebuttal and request for the following retraction
http://www.wplug.org/pipermail/wplug-plan/2004-May/001234.html

This may not be the retraction you are looking for, but this is the best
that I personally can do:
To my knowledge no member of wplug, past or present, has ever experienced
any of your talks therefore we can not comment on the quality of your
talks. We know nothing personally about your appearance at LUGOD or any of
the other Linux Users Groups you visited on your tour. All we have is
one individual's opinion from LUGOD in our archives. This opinion does not
reflect the opinions of wplug's leadership or it's members because we
have no first hand knowledge of your talks.

Please understand that in years past we have had presentation offers
that turned out to be sales pitches. In all honestly, we were only
looking for a reference and this was the response. Regretfully, a
member of LUGOD opinions included a derogatory insult. In my
personal opinion, it was not the best choice to post the full body of
this negative review in a public forum. Since no one from WPLUG was
present at your LUGOD visit, we can not discern the accuracy of these
statements.

To my knowledge, no research was done in back 2002 nor presently regarding
the truthfulness of Pete's claims. One may consider these claims to be
unfounded.

I'm sorry but the Internet is one hostile place. Flames start on
discussion lists and insults fly. At any given moment anybody and his/her
mother could be the next target. The consequence of throwing your ideas
out there is possible ridicule from every yo-yo on the Internet. I
personally am responsible for fanning the flames on wplug list many of
times however I do feel deeply appreciated by the local Linux community.
It is my personal experience that my real-life reputation was not in the least
harmed by any flames. People in general can smell BS a mile away and do
not take such attacks seriously.

Without a doubt, your passion for embedded-linux development is
admirable. Unfortunately your generosity was met with skepticism and
criticism. May you have better luck in your future endeavors. Live and
learn.

Sincerely,

Beth Lynn Eicher
WPLUG Board Chair since Jan 2004