[wplug-plan] LUG Presentation...

duncanhutty at comcast.net duncanhutty at comcast.net
Wed May 5 10:41:39 EDT 2004

If he wants to post a message to the same list refuting the points made by his accuser then the moderators should probably let it through (as it was). But the reason we have archives is so that we can see what happened and when. Assuming we can believe everything that he says, then he is an outstanding philanthropist and supporter of community tech interests. Great. I think that's marvellous and laudable, I'd love to be in a position to do the same.

But to suggest that we should attempt to change the record of history for him is arrogant in the extreme.

Freedom of speech does not include the freedom to make retroactive changes to the record. The record of history must be inviolate in order for it to be trusted.