[wplug-plan] SSL Certificates

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Tue Mar 16 19:21:19 EST 2004

I'm going to create some self-signed certificates for wplug's website,
mailserver, etc.
I have two options (free options that is).

A) Setup a wplug.org self-signing Certificate Authority (CA)
B) Setup a midnightlinux.com self-signing CA and use it to sign the
wplug.org certs.

Either way, the end-user will see a message that says they are viewing an
encrypted page, but the CA is not a known trusted authority. The question
is in essense, who that unknown third party is. wplug itself, or
midnightlinux.com. (I'm going to create a midnightlinux.com CA anyway.)

Does anyone have any strong opinions on this? Speak now.

-james