[wplug-plan] suggested subjects for future meetings

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Mon Mar 8 14:39:58 EST 2004

Mark Dalrymple wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Jim Harris posted these as a website news item.  I figured they'd make
> sense here.
>
> 1. How to secure your Linux

I could do talks on this, from a general Unix-like perspective, and it
would also be a good excuse for me to translate some of my hard-won
BSD-security knowledge to Linux (the concepts are the same, but those
damn command switches are different!)

> 2. How to setup Apache PHP and MySQL

I could do this as well, although I'm rather disabused of MySQL and
would rather do it on PHP+Posgresql

> 3. The Linux file structure and short cuts

Now this is something I wouldn't feel comfortable _doing_ but would
sure like to _see_!

> 4. Setting up servers

Isn't this a bit too generalized for a talk?

> 5. Linux and BSD pros and cons

Ahh!  Nooooo!!  I don't want to start this flame war!

BTW:  I'm pretty bummed out that I missed this past meeting, but I've
come down with some flue or cold or some such, and Saturday was the
most miserable day so far.  It appears as though I'm on the mend, now.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies