[wplug-plan] planning meeting, your input is needed.

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Mon Mar 1 16:48:45 EST 2004

Hello,

Since the planning discussion in this meeting did not happen...
http://www.wplug.org:8080/pipermail/wplug-plan/2004-February/001206.html
... we still have quite a few things that need to be brought to the
general membership. Basically if you care about what's going on with
WPLUG and you would like to have input, please attend.

Saturday March 5th. Immediately after the GUM 2pm-3pm. If there's no
other  "Hot Topic" we may early (1pm). This meeting will be held in the
adjacent conference room in Newell Simon Hall 1505

I'm going to try to run this more orderly so that we can be heard.
Thus we have an agenda...

Here is what is on the agenda.
* proposal: formalizing the member structure so that issues effecting
members can be heard and voted on
* open source day, should WPLUG do something like this?
http://www.wplug.org:8080/pipermail/wplug/2004-February/009665.html
* Erie Installfest kickoff April 24, WPLUG membership help requested!
http://www.wplug.org:8080/pipermail/wplug/2004-February/009835.html
which adds more interesting complications to April...
http://www.wplug.org:8080/pipermail/wplug-plan/2004-February/001198.html
* Duquesne Association for Information Technology is inviting WPLUG
to attend their April 27 meeting 4:30pm-6pm on Duquense University
campus. If we are to accept this invitation, there would be a Linux
Oriented talk at 5pm. This would be a chance to introduce future IT
managers to Linux.
http://www.business.duq.edu/orgs/DAIT/
* suggestions for April and May events
* other WPLUG related questions, comments, complaints, or suggestions.

I'm open to discussing agenda items pre-meeting on wplug-plan at wplug.org
if there's interest. If someone can't make it to this planning meeting
and would like to address anything off-list, you may email me at
bethlynn at wplug.org

Hopefully, we will post minutes to what is discussed on wplug-plan at wplug.org

Thanks alot!
Beth Lynn Eicher