[wplug-plan] June GUM and Tutorial. Setup help needed

Mark Dalrymple wplug at badgertronics.com
Wed Jun 2 10:57:47 EDT 2004

> For some reason, despite the number meetings I've been to, I still
> don't have a full concept of what's needed to "host" a meeting, so
> It's probably better that I remain in the co-host slot so someone
> can boss me around a bit until I feel a little more confident that
> I'll remember everything that needs done ;)

I'd be more than happy to surrender the co-host spot June 5 to the
more experienced person :-) Maybe this an be an opportunity to draw up
a checklist for the co-hosts, and hosts as well.

One thing that would be nice to do before the speaker speaks is to
remind folks "please turn off cell phones, or set them to vibrate.  If
you're expecting a call, please sit near the door so you don't disturb
the other 30 attendees or our speaker."

There was one guy who got 3 or 4 calls during a presentation and
climbed over the group to go out into the hall. (although it was
nice that he actually left the room to take the call.)

Wheeee,
++Mark Dalrymple.  markd at badgertronics.com.  http://badgertronics.com
  "inside jokes amongst friends serve as a sort of hash table
   mechanism for memories."
   -- zman