[wplug-plan] April and May meeting schedule

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Mon Feb 2 16:55:32 EST 2004

Hi,

In a previous post I proposed moving meeting dates around in 2004
http://www.wplug.org/pipermail/wplug-plan/2003-November/001145.html

I have just noticed that April 17th isn't a good meeting day since
CMU will be holding their annual carnival that weekend and it will be
down right impossible to find a parking spot.

That causes a whole calendar snafu for April and May.

We will have a GUM on April 3rd as usual.
April 10th is out since that is the Saturday before Easter.
April 24 is a possibility but there will be a computer show that day.
The following Saturday is May 1 which is March's GUM.
The following Saturday is May 8 which is the installfest.

I'm reluctant to move the date for an Installfest since some folks
can't want until the next installfest comes around.

So we have a few options.

- We could meet 3 Saturdays in a row April 24, May 1 and May 8th
and meet even though there is a conflict with a computer show.
(This would exhaust me)
_ We could meet April 24, May 8th, and May 15. (this seems less
painless but there is still a conflict with the computer show)
- We could meet elsewhere April 10 (if you suggest this case,
you must have a connection with the venue. somewhere, it will
have to be a public place with access to public transportation
and noise levels are low enough to allow to Linux discussion)
- We could meet on a Monday night for a change but we'd have
to change venue since 1507 is booked on Monday nights for the
rest of the Spring 2004 semester. We could have a social dinner
if you like. (any other work night would be too crazy with my
schedule)

I want your input if you go to WPLUG meetings. It would be down
right silly for us to reschedule a meeting when no one will
show up. It's your LUG, so I open this up for discussion.

Thanks,
Beth Lynn

     April 2004
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa