[wplug-plan] Interested in a GUM/Tutorial on DocBook?

Mark Dalrymple wplug at badgertronics.com
Wed Aug 18 10:00:14 EDT 2004

Greetings,

I'm using Docbook (a markup langauge) to write some books and
technical documentation.  The cool thing about DocBook is that it is a
true separation of content from presentation.  The same DocBook source
files can be used to make a PDF, generate HTML, and can be processed
in other way to extract the structure and use them in different ways
(for instance, the various features of http://borkware.com/corebook/
are possible because we extracted the structure of the book and built
the website around it)

Now that the DocBook XMLtools are getting more mature and aren't a
huge pain to get running, would anyone be interested in a presentation
on it?

Cheers,
++Mark Dalrymple.  markd at badgertronics.com.  http://badgertronics.com
  "The flight itself was uneventful except when the man sitting next
   to me yanked off his prosthetic leg, waved it in the air and
   announced 'Who needs legroom!'"
    -- grand rapper E-D