[wplug-plan] in search of co-host for 12/6 and 12/13

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Thu Nov 20 16:39:12 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm looking for one, maybe two co-hosts for the
12/6 General Users Meeting and 12/13 Tutorial.

A meeting co-host is a new idea that I'd like to try out. The co-host
just makes sure we stay on schedule and on topic. If someone tries to
take over the discussion away from the speaker or is disruptive,
the co-host should step in and tactfully say that the floor belongs
to the speaker of the day and that there's plenty of time for that later.
Also the co-host will help the host (which is quite often me) take
attendance, announcements, tell people it's time to sit & listen, etc.
If there's a new face in the crowd, the co-host should introduce himself/
herself and say hello.

When only one person hosts a meeting sometimes it comes off as
unprofessional and chaotic. Especially when I have to stand on a
chair and yell and still no one is paying attention.

A co-host can be anyone who genuinely wants to help out.
The co-host can not be the speaker since the speaker can't be responsible
for crowd control as well.

This isn't a life-long commitment or anything. Just volunteer for an
individual meeting that you'd be interested in co-hosting.

If this is something that interests you, please send me private mail
and we will work something out.

Thanks a Bunch!

Beth Lynn