[wplug-plan] meeting dates and holidays 2004

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Wed Nov 19 14:59:17 EST 2003

Hello,

As I was reserving rooms for upcoming WPLUG meetings for 2004 I've
noticed quite a few fall on holiday weekends. It's not rewarding to
force ourselves to have meetings on holiday weekends since we won't get
the attendance we would like. I feel WPLUG isn't serving the
community holding meetings when everyone will be at home with their
loved ones or traveling.

I propose we reschedule the following meeting dates.
January 3 > January 17
February 14 > February 21
April 10 > April 17 (April 11 is Easter)
July 3 > July 17
September 4 > September 18

I think if we just update the webpage and announce meetings with
plenty of notice we will be OK. Just one case in point, there was
an awesome turnout for the 11/15 installfest even though it was
the 3rd Saturday of the month.

Thoughts? Objections? Questions? Confusions?

Thanks,
Beth Lynn