[wplug-plan] tshirts again.

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Fri May 23 11:36:33 EDT 2003

On 23 May 2003, Jeremy Dinsel wrote:

> I would be willing to donate up to $200 dollars for the wplug system or
> the shirts. Which ever we decide to do. I'm obviously a little too far
> removed to manage the shirt project (although I would certainly buy one
> if it were created -- any possibility of making a cycling jersey?).

Cool! I might have some mon-ay too, but I need to wait until payday to be
sure. And it doesn't need to be a donation, just a loan.
I would have to check on cycling jerseys. I'm not entirely clear what
constitutes such a beast. If you have time, poke around here:
http://customink.com/

> Would you be willing to create a wish list? What's the beefiest that we
> can make the processor based on the current motherboard?

I have a wishlist in mind, but it also depends on the available funds on
what route we take. The machine at work was about $600 and is a P4 2.4Ghz,
512M of ram, spiffy video card, 20gig drive, and all the associated parts.
The new server wouldn't need the video card, and it already has a 40gig
drive that is only 1/2 used. We should also consider some form of backup
drive/media.

I don't have documentation with me right now about what montherboard is in
there now, but based on /proc/cpuinfo, and amd.com, it seems like
something in the 500Mhz range is the best we can do. The CPU is
pre-athlon, pre-duron, etc.

-james